Diamond stud earrings have withstood the vicissitudes of the fashion industry to remain a must-have in every woman’s jewelry box. In spite of their small size or because of their size, studs are the most versatile type of earrings you can find meaning you can wear them to any occasion and with any form of outfit. They are a classic and remain a favorite gift item. When looking for an easy to wear pair of earrings, studs comes first. They are also comfortable to wear and you never have to worry about them tangling with your hair.
For that elegant, chic and stylish look, diamond stud earrings will do the trick. These timeless accessories effortlessly complement any outfit. There are different shapes to suit certain types of faces and you have no excuse not to leverage stud earrings’ timeless beauty.
Due to their popularity, there are many types of stud earrings in the market. Whether you want these earrings for your jewelry box or you want to gift that special person in your life, it is important to get as much information as you can.
This article highlights some of the things you should consider when buying diamond stud earrings online thus helping you to find the best pair. Keep reading.
Set a Budget
You will find a very wide range of studs in the market ranging from a few hundred dollars to thousands of dollars. Prices vary due to many factors and before you hit the jewelry stores, you need to set a price range where you are comfortable. Remember losing earrings is a common thing and you don’t want to spend all your savings on diamond studs only to lose them a few months down the line.
Choose Diamond Studs
If you have decided to buy studs, then you can’t go wrong with diamond studs. If the material is not brilliant,the studs are not eye-catching thus losing their appeal. For this reason, you need gemstones that can dazzle and in this regard, nothing does this more effortlessly than diamonds. Diamond studs are beautiful, durable, versatile and they ooze timeless beauty.
Choose High-Quality Diamonds
Now that you have decided on diamond studs, you need to get down to work to guarantee the diamonds you choose for the ring stand out.
Consider the following to choose the diamond for your earrings:
- Diamond certification: Look for third-party certification preferably by The Gemological Institute of America (GIA) or American Gem Society (AGS). This certification guarantees quality of the diamond you wish to use for your stud earrings.
- Diamond shape: Different diamond shapes suit different facial structures. Square, round, Asscher, and princess cut diamonds are the most popular for studs as it is easy to shape them to equal proportions for the earrings. When choosing the shape, look for something that balances with your facial features.
- Diamond color: White diamonds work perfectly for studs. Colorless diamonds are rare and very expensive. You can also go for fancy diamonds such as yellow or black for a bold look.
- Clarity: This is not a major consideration when looking for diamonds for your studs. With I1 or better, you have brilliant diamonds for your earrings.
- Diamond cut: The diamond cut is your main focus when shopping for diamonds for your studs. With an excellent cut, you get the perfect sparkle. Spend on the cut and save on clarity when buying diamonds for your stud earrings.
- Carat size: Go for a diamond carat size that suits your budget and look. Lower carat diamonds might be small, but they hide flaws better.
Choose the Stud Settings
Once you pick the right diamonds for your stud earrings, you should consider the best setting and back. The first consideration is the choosing the right metal for the studs. Popular metals include gold (versatile but might contain nickel which can cause skin reactions), platinum (durable) and silver (brilliant). You should take into account skin tone and hair color. For instance, yellow gold works perfectly with dark skin tones while white metals such as silver match well with lighter skin tones.
Prong, bezel, martini-style and basket settings are the most popular for diamonds studs. Bezel setting offers more security for the diamonds but covers much of the diamond’s surface. Prong and martini-style hold the diamonds but still leave the gemstones exposed to give that sparkle the wearer desires. The choice of settings should balance security and beauty of your earrings.
The type of back you choose for your stud earrings is also important. Push backs are easy to use and also comfortable. You can also go for clip or lever backs for an added sense of security.
Consider Who Will Wear The Studs
It is important to choose stud earrings that match the style, personality, and lifestyle of the wearer. For your use, consider your facial structure, your hair color, type of lifestyle among other things. When buying a gift for a special person, consider what colors they like for their jewelry, facial structure, fashion sense and their lifestyle. These factors help you choose the best diamond shape, stud earrings setting and back.
Buying diamond stud earrings might at first sound like an overwhelming task but with this detailed information, you will find it easy to pick the best studs. Always start your shopping with a budget, consider the wearer, the quality of the diamonds and use a reputable jewelry dealer to find the best studs at a good price.
[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””]Read Also
[feed url=”https://www.lifetohide.com/feed/” number=”4″][/box]